Saturday, June 28, 2014

Be ready to rebuke, exhort and instruct

S - 2TI 4:1-2 NASB
I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.

O  - This word is to Timothy as a reminder to the local church he is shepherding, that he is to be ready, and stay steady, in the word of God, and the disciplines he has been discipled on as a Christ follower.  Paul knows this likely from experience what  happens in the church after it is formed. There are challenges both in that culture and in the cultures to come.

A - The application for me today, is to be a disciple of God's word.   I need to revitalize my own participation in daily study of God's word... so that I can continue to grow and prepare for the life and ministry God is preparing for me.  To be ready for all seasons to be able to reprove, rebuke, exhort, and with great patience instruct those God places in my life.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.   I pray Lord that you would continue to encourage and inspire me to be in your word.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment