Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Correcting my plans, back to God's plans

S- Isaiah 30:1 NLT
“What sorrow awaits my rebellious children,” says the lord . “You make plans that are contrary to mine. You make alliances not directed by my Spirit, thus piling up your sins.
Isaiah 30:15 NLT
This is what the Sovereign lord , the Holy One of Israel, says: “Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength. But you would have none of it.
Isaiah 30:18-21 NLT
So the lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help. O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. He will be gracious if you ask for help. He will surely respond to the sound of your cries. Though the Lord gave you adversity for food and suffering for drink, he will still be with you to teach you. You will see your teacher with your own eyes. Your own ears will hear him. Right behind you a voice will say, “This is the way you should go,” whether to the right or to the left.

O - Isaiah was prophesying to the Israelites who were seeking refuge in Egypt, as the exile was coming their way and the Babylonian empire was being utilized as a means of correction and punishment for Israel.  It is interesting that the Israelites once again seek refuge not in the Lord but back to Egypt where they were once saved and then slaved.   These prophetic words are a reminder to what God would say to them and to us who are torn by current circumstances and impending valley seasons that there is a righteous way to respond and our gracious Lord is there either way, the path though is up to us to choose.

A - The application for me is to recognize my own season of unexpected circumstances.   My plans were for James to come to Pearl Harbor as shipyard commander , for me to make 06 and become the Operations officer under him.   I now recognize that my plans were contrary to Gods, and that I put efforts and alliances in places that were not all directed by the Holy Spirit.   I must now return to God , seek his face, and find rest in Him.   I am so thankful to have such a God of grace be the Lord of my life, He is waiting on me to come back to Him and seek His voice and direction.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's word, that you might speak into me the truth of my ways.  I confess Lord, I have had many plans that were not guided by you, but thought of by me.  I had placed my hope and trust in them, and not in you.  I confess that my attitude and outward actions have not been humble and full of your love, and that my pride is creeping back out front.  Thank you for this gentle correction.  I pray Lord for your Holy Spirits guidance on where I am to walk today.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment