Monday, April 21, 2014

A simple faith in Jesus

S- Matthew 8:2-4 NLT
Suddenly, a man with leprosy approached him and knelt before him. “Lord,” the man said, “if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.” Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared. Then Jesus said to him, “Don’t tell anyone about this. Instead, go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy. This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed.”

O - The man who approached Jesus for healing from leprosy showed us two things:  great faith, and how to approach Jesus in prayer.  First the faith to having likely only heard of Jesus and his healing power, and perhaps never having ever seen Him before,  the man approaches Jesus and humbly submits his request to Jesus,  knowing that he could heal him.    Second we see him requesting to Jesus, much as Jesus later modeled and spoke to the disciples about how to pray... "...give me this day my daily  bread...thy kingdom come, thy will be done...." 

A -  The application for me is to recognize that my faith and prayers can be sharpened if I would place my complete trust in the Lord.  Trust that His will is better than mine.  Trust that He can do all things,  and I can do all  things through Christ, who strengthens me.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would continue to speak truth and life into me, through your word,  through your holy spirit, and through Jesus.   I humbly submit that I desire a growing faith, that trust's more, and waits patiently.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment