Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Who is in the family of God?

Who is in the family of God?
S - Mark 3:35 (NASB)
"For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother."

O - The family of God is quite simply defined as those who do the will of God. That should come as no surprise since God designed us to all be part of his family, but it was through our own rebellion that we separated ourselves from Him. Christ is pointing out in this verse, that being apart of his family simply requires commitment to do the will of the Father.

A - The application for me is to realize that God is calling us all back to His family, the call is defined by His will for our life. His will is that we would no longer separate ourselves from Him, and that by recognizing our own rebellion and need to recommit our lives to his leadership we can gain membership in the family of God.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's message, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would help me deliver your message, to all those you would have hear it, and whose heart's are ready to receive it. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment