Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The sabbath is for us, not to serve God

The sabbath is for us, not to serve God

S - Mark 2:27-28 (NASB)

"The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.

28"So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."



O - What a great reminder that we are not to serve the Sabbath, on the contrary the sabbath's true design was to serve us. Those who try and maintain obedience to the Sabbath as an obedient act to please God miss the point of the sabbath. It would be like a child who receives a toy for their birthday, and then begrudgingly plays with it to please their mom and dad. I believe God wants us to be refreshed and restored in the Sabbath, and that by submitting to the Sabbath, we are choosing to receive the gift of rest that God has given us.

A - I must choose to receive the gift of rest that God has given me in the Sabbath, not just being obedient in the sabbath, but willingly receiving, and being refreshed in it.



P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord for continued revelation, and rest in the Sabbath. I pray that you would use me to help bring the message of the sabbath to your people and to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment