Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The house of the Lord dwells in my heart


The house of the Lord dwells in my heart
S -  2 Chron 7 (NASB)
12 ¶ Then the LORD appeared to Solomon at night and said to him, "I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice.
13 "If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people,
14 and My people fnwho are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
15 "Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the fnprayer offered in this place.
16 "For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that My name may be there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually.

O -  The temple that Solomon built was intended to be the closest representation of the heaven on earth, and would be the dwelling place of the Lord.  God gave Moses a plan for a mobile temple, and promised him a permanent home in the promised land.  Moses faithfully followed the instructions, but made a few errors a long the way and never got to make it completely to the promised land.   The leaders that followed up to David, stumbled in many and varied ways to provide a home for the Lord.   Eventually David, a man after God’s own heart became a King to lead Israel who had rejected God alone as King.  David through war was able to claim his throne and lead his people.  The Lord told David because of the killing he did and even his sin, David wouldn’t build the temple, but his son Solomon would... and he did.  Solomon sought wisdom from the Lord to lead God’s people and it was granted to him, and when he finished building the temple the Lord was pleased and once again dwelled in it amongst his people.    The Lord though knows mans heart,  that even those called by name to be God’s people would once again sin, but “if they would humble themselves and pray, and seek God’s face, and turn from their wicked ways , he would forgive their  sins and heal their land.   He would entire the temple they prepared and be with them forever.  Now this is a foreshadowing of Jesus to come both the first time to lead God’s people back to him (David),  to prepare a temple (in our hearts),  to help reconcile our sin (the sacrifice on the cross).   

A -  The application for me is this, God has His final plan for me and His people whom he has called by name.     I am free and forgiven, because of the sacrifice of Jesus,  and now I get to invite God into my heart,  a temple which He has prepared that he might lead and guide me, and be the Lord of my life.    Even this is still a mere symbol of what more is to come.   When Jesus returns, after a period, there will be a conquering of sin and death, and Heaven will come down to earth and we will literally dwell in the temple with God.  The application for me is to understand I am both David and Solomon,  but sinful by nature, but seeking after God, and needing to humbly repent and allow God’s Holy Spirit to dwell in me, and to guide me.   


P-  Dear Heavenly Father, I do humbly come before you, repenting for my sins of pride and arrogance, and even disobedience.  I pray Lord that you would forgive me and guide my heart, head , and hands as I get to live this life for you now.    I pray today that you provide for my physical, emotional and spiritual needs today as I go before you with a hopeful and humble heart, full of joy at the opportunity to share your love with those I interact with.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment