Thursday, May 31, 2018

Commit you plans to the Lord

Commit your plans to the Lord
S- Proverbs 16 NASB
1 The plans of the heart belong to man,
But the answer of the tongue is from the LORD.
2 All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight,
But the LORD weighs the motives.
3 Commit your works to the LORD
And your plans will be established.

O -  These proverbs are from the Lord, given to Solomon the wisest man for all time,  and tell us more about our character and God’s design for us.   Because of sin we often will fall short of living by these proverbs, heck even Solomon fell short of following his own advice.  I am reminded that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of all wisdom because without a healthy respect that God will hold us accountable for what we know the right thing is now that he has revealed it.   That fear of being disciplined and corrected most of the the time is enough for me to give pause prior to acting.  In the case of these three connected proverbs I am reminded I have plans in my heart but they should not guide my words if the plans are not from the Lord (my plans are sometime selfish and more like wishes).  What comes out of my mouth needs to be from the Lord otherwise it is not true and causes me and others to stumble.   I of course act in a manner I believe to be right and even believe to be righteous, but I am too fall short in these areas as my motives are sometimes coming from a place of hurt and bitterness and with a desire for revenge.     In the end my work is important to me and I make my own plans and then ask God to bless it vice committing my job and efforts to the Lord and allowing Him then to establish my plan. 

A -  The application for me is to recognize that I must commit my life, actions, words, and job to the Lord as the starting point.  If I do this with all my heart, mind, and soul, he will guide my words, motives, actions each and everyday and I will be able to glorify him in all the things I do.   So easily written,  not so easily lived.  Despite that I am excited and encourage to give this my full effort.  


P -  Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for todays lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you would forgive me my transgressions and arrogance as I have made plans that I have not committed to you.  I do that now, lay down my life and ask that you would establish my plans, guide my words, and actions.    I desire to be your light in this world full of darkness.   I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment