Wednesday, November 22, 2017

The fruit of the mouth

The fruit from our mouths
S-Matthew 12
33 “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit. 34 You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart. 35 The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil. 36 But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

O-Jesus is lecturing to his disciples and to those listening (Pharisees)and what he is saying is there is a new tree in town. A tree that bears good fruit. You see the old fruit has it been fruitful, he speaks of the Pharisees who have things in their heart that are apart from god and as a result they not leading God’s people well. Jesus is telling them that what you speak comes from what you stored up inside of you not what’s on the exterior. If you stored up desires of this world and of the flash, or if you stored things that are not from God, when it comes time to speak for God you are not representing him well. He also gives a warning that we are to be careful with our words, that we are accountable for them, In that we will be justified by them.

A-The application for me is to recognize that I still have some things, if not many things called stored up inside of me that are not from God. In order for me to bear good fruit in my words I must find in Callaway those things inside of me from which I draw words that are not of God or represent him in anyway. Examples that come to my mind are the anger or hate that I have stored inside of me from different has to experiences in my family, at work or at school, or in my friendships and interactions with others. I seem to harvest some anger when I am feeling disrespected or belittled. I often times do so without correctly perceiving for understanding person‘s intentions or words. I am on the journey now to continue to read myself of these past experiences, as well as changing those things that I treasure from things of this world to things that are of him for God.


P-dear heavenly father thank you for this morning‘s devotion, I pray that you continue to do a good work in me. I am praying Lord that you would help me to find a way to read myself of the feelings of anger and disrespect that occur when speaking with certain people.I pray all of this in Jesus Christ name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment