Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Giving God the glory in my leadership opportunities

Giving God the glory in your leadership opportunities
S-Genesis 41 NASB

15Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I have had a dream, but no one can interpret it; and I have heard it said about you, that when you hear a dream you can interpret it.” 16Joseph then answered Pharaoh, saying, “It is not in me; God will give Pharaoh a favorable answer.” 17So Pharaoh spoke to Joseph, “In my dream, behold, I was standing on the bank of the Nile; 18and behold, seven cows, fat and sleek came up out of the Nile, and they grazed in the marsh grass...

O -  Obviously Joseph was one of the great Old Testament leaders, and here we see him at the moment his great quality and character becomes recognized by the Pharaoh.   As Joseph is called in to interpret a dream for the Pharaoh, it is not necessarily a friendly environment, the Pharoah is upset that none of his people can interpret it.  Joseph is brought in because the cupbearer that he interpreted a dream for while in prison, remembered him and therefore he was recommended to the Pharaoh.  Joseph’s quality and character are revealed in his leading statement “It is not me; God will give the Pharaoh and favorable answer”.    Wow,  Joseph knows exactly who the source of his talent comes from and takes no opportunity to take credit, but rather gives glory to God.

A - The application is for me to apply Joseph’s attitude and character to my own leadership at work and at home.   At work I am to recognize where my source of good ideas and talent come from.  It is years of experience and the DNA I was born with but all these come from God.    I am to recognize God has me right where He wants me, and when the time comes to speak up in front of the “King”. I must be ready to give God the glory,  humbly present what God is revealing to me, giving it to the King to act on.   I must guard against arrogance and Ego when things are going well in my favor, and against dispare and depression when times are not going well,  because in both cases God is on the throne and guiding my every step.


P - Dear Heavenly Father thank you for today’s revelation may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would continue to speak loudly into my life.  Lord I repent for the times my own pride has gotten in the way of me giving you all the glory, and where my depression has gotten in the way of me hearing your voice, and I allowed my attitude to reflect a genuine lack of faith in who you are.  I pray Lord that you would help me in the current situation of the trip to Japan and the NS08 visit, that you might give me the words to speak to the SYCDR about the why’s for me to go to Japan.  Lord I also pray that if it is not your will that I go, that you gently correct me and prevent me from focusing on the wrong thing.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment