Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Gift of prophesy without love is like a noisy gong

S - 1 Corinthians 13:1-2 NASB

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

O -  These words written by Paul to the church in Corinth were written to equip, exhort and edify the church there.  Just prior to this he clearly laid out the spiritual gifts that are imparted to believers.   This was so they could understand that God imparted on the them supernatural gifts that far exceed what the local cultures false gods offered.  In this verse Paul tempers these believers  with advice that without love, these gifts are useless to us.  

A -  The application for me is to know that while I feel blessed to have the spiritual gifts of prophecy and words of knowledge, if I don't wrap those in love,  I will be as ineffective as what the world offers.  I feel like I have recently been experiencing this as I feel my prophetic gift is becoming clearer to me, and God has been shepherding me on the use and communication of this gift.  Often times I can be harsh in the delivery of prophetic word or words of knowledge.   I deliver these words  in manner that often times that is not received as love.  I become a noisy gong or clanging cymbal and then whatever prophetic word or word of knowledge God may have wanted me to do deliver becomes useless and wasted.   The Lord is telling me that I must learn to wrap these prophetic words in love and deliver them in such a way that they are received not just spoken.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your timely message.  I have been struggling and frustrated with this gift mostly because I have not been stewarding it well.  Thank you for your word of truth, presented by your servant Paul.   I pray Lord that you would reveal in me what needs to be removed and replace it with your truth and your spirit in order that I might speak your truth's as revealed by your spirit ,  in a manner that is received with the love.  I pray for the patience to be able to have such knowledge and wisdom to discern the Holy Spirits guidance, and the strength yo follow your prompting on how to and when to speak.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment